Personal Details Updates and Family Records Certificates

Every Estonian national has the obligation to update his/her data in the Estonian Population Register.

If you live in Italy more than 183 days a year you have the obligation to update your place of residence with your address in Italy. In order to do so, please fill out the application form and send it digitally signed or scanned by email to [email protected] or by post. It is also possible to update your address online in case you have a valid ID-card, pin-codes and ID-card reader:

You are not obligated to change your address if you are only staying in Italy temporarily for the purpose of study.


Did you give birth, get married, divorce or change your name?

An original document (e.g. birth certificate) should be sent to our Embassy together with a copy of your passport or ID-card (and a copy of your spouse’s passport in case of marriage). The original document will be returned to you within a couple of weeks after your data in the Estonian Population Register has been updated.


Family Records Certificates

A Family Records Certificate (containing information about a birth, death, marriage, divorce or change of name) can be issued to the person him/herself or to one’s guardian. The application for the Family Records Certificate, or CIEC Certificate, can be sent to the embassy electronically (with a digital signature) or by post. The application should be sent together with a copy of your passport or ID-card and proof of payment of the state fee of 30 €.

The application form can be found here.